Tips to Buy Dolls for Kids
Dolls are one of the oldest toys that most kids play with. Dolls help kids express themselves and understand social cues and the people around them. Playing with dolls can help young children to develop various skills.
- Responsibilities: Kids learn various responsibilities when they play with dolls. They learn to take care of their dolls, pets, and siblings. They learn to understand people around them; they start caring for them and love them more.
- Social skills: Dolls help younger kids to develop various social skills; they learn to communicate with one another kindly, politely and also learn to cooperate. Playing with dolls can give the experience of various emotions such as compassion and empathy.
- Imagination: Children often pretend-play with dolls making up various stories and characters. This helps them to improve their imagination skills. They can make up various scenarios with dolls and other kids.
- Language: Kids improve their vocabulary by playing with dolls and their playmates. They can communicate easily, and this helps them to explore and understand the world around them.
Moreover, playing with dolls also help kids to develop gross motor skills, empathy, role play, problem-solving, and quick learning skills. Often, dolls are the best part of childhood memories for kids. Here are some of the common types of dolls.
- Bisque doll
- Reborn doll
- Matryoshka doll
- Paper doll
- Action figure doll
- Hopi Kachina doll
- Fashion doll
- Apple dolls
- Parian dolls
- Troll dolls
- Bobblehead dolls
- Teddy bear dolls
- Barbie dolls
Popular baby doll toys
- Corolle Les Classiques: These classic dolls are perfect for kids aged 2 years and above. These are 14’’ soft body dolls. These dolls can sit on their own and the position of the thumb can be adjusted to mimic thumb sucking.
- Adora Friends dolls: These are unique and individually-styled dolls which are about 18-inch. Adora dolls vary with their face shapes and skin colors.
- Cabbage Patch Kids dolls: These dolls are fashionable and come with an option of removable clothing and accessories like glasses and tiaras. They have built-in sensors for interactive playing like tickling, burping, and feeding.
- Disney Princess Toddler dolls: These dolls include a tiara, dress, and shoes and come in various popular princess characters like Cinderella, Snow White, Tiana, Belle, Ariel, Merida, and Jasmine.
- American Girl dolls: These are collectible dolls; each doll comes with a book which tells a story about the life of each doll. Each doll has a separate playset and accessories which need to be purchased separately.